The South East (SE) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' South engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Staff experience.
- System transformation.
- Future of work: Agile working.
Achievements in 2021/22
- Covid-19 – engagement: Regular frequent engagement with the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities and the NHS England regional director, sharing key information, the impact of Covid-19 and supportive measures in place enabling a consistent approach.
- Just and Learning Culture: Sharing partnership approaches across the region and hearing examples of best practice, developed in partnership with the South West SPF.
- Vaccination as a Condition of Deployment: Members of the regional SPF joined the NHS England Task and Finish Group for the South East to engage and influence on the practicalities of this workstream.
- Future of HR and Organisational Development (OD) Review: Engaged with and contributed to the review. Regional SPFs will continue to work in partnership to support the achievement of recommendations. The first step will be taking forward compassionate and inclusive cultures.
- Agile Working: Through work with NHS Employers and the University of Sussex, the SE SPF has agreed to undertake a research project with AgiLab on the ‘Agile working needs of NHS staff with lower socio-economic status’. The SE SPF has also been involved in the co-design of a series of workshops on the wider research into Agile Working.
- Read the SE SPF's Winter 2021 newsletter and Spring 2022 newsletter to learn more about the region's achievements.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair – Liam Kenny, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair – Hugh Townsend, BMA
- Management co-chair – Caroline Haynes, Chief People Officer, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
Terms of reference
Read the SE regional SPFs terms of reference document.
For further information please contact the South team.
Wider Group key comms September 2022
Key communications from the 15 September Wider Group meeting.
25 October 2022
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022
Wider Group key comms June 2022
Key communications from the 22 June Wider Group meeting.
28 July 2022