Find out more about the South East SPF.
The South East (SE) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' South engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Staff experience.
- System transformation.
- Future of work: Agile working.
Achievements in 2021/22
- Covid-19 – engagement: Regular frequent engagement with the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities and the NHS England regional director, sharing key information, the impact of Covid-19 and supportive measures in place enabling a consistent approach.
- Just and Learning Culture: Sharing partnership approaches across the region and hearing examples of best practice, developed in partnership with the South West SPF.
- Vaccination as a Condition of Deployment: Members of the regional SPF joined the NHS England Task and Finish Group for the South East to engage and influence on the practicalities of this workstream.
- Future of HR and Organisational Development (OD) Review: Engaged with and contributed to the review. Regional SPFs will continue to work in partnership to support the achievement of recommendations. The first step will be taking forward compassionate and inclusive cultures.
- Agile Working: Through work with NHS Employers and the University of Sussex, the SE SPF has agreed to undertake a research project with AgiLab on the ‘Agile working needs of NHS staff with lower socio-economic status’. The SE SPF has also been involved in the co-design of a series of workshops on the wider research into Agile Working.
- Read the SE SPF's Winter 2021 newsletter and Spring 2022 newsletter to learn more about the region's achievements.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair – Liam Kenny, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair – Hugh Townsend, BMA
- Management co-chair – Caroline Haynes, Chief People Officer, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
Terms of reference
Read the SE regional SPFs terms of reference document.
For further information please contact the South team.