The North East North Cumbria (NENC) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Health inequalities and the role of the NHS as an anchor organisation.
- Staff health and wellbeing.
- Supporting and influencing the development of the NENC Integrated Care System and Provider Collaborative.
Achievements for 2021/22
- A joint response to the consultation on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS members of staff was issued to the Department of Health and Social Care.
- A joint response to revoking the vaccination as a condition of deployment in February 2022.
- A regional statement on people recovery was issued in August 2021, asking employers to commit to working in partnership with their trade unions on supporting the wellbeing of staff.
- The joint chairs had fortnightly virtual meetings to share real-time issues and information, allowing for connection on workforce policy and issues.
Meet the team
- Staff side co-chair - Ian Fleming, Regional Organiser, Unison
- Staff side co-chair - Denise McLaughlin –Senior Regional Officer, RCN
- Management co-chair - Rachael Metcalf, Human Resources Director at South Tees Hospitals
For further information on the NENC SPF, please contact the North Team.
Survey on violence reduction and prevention
Complete our short survey to inform recommendations on how to prevent and reduce violence towards NHS staff.
17 November 2023