The North East North Cumbria (NENC) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Health inequalities and the role of the NHS as an anchor organisation.
- Staff health and wellbeing.
- Supporting and influencing the development of the NENC Integrated Care System and Provider Collaborative.
Achievements for 2021/22
- A joint response to the consultation on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS members of staff was issued to the Department of Health and Social Care.
- A joint response to the revoking of the vaccination as a condition of deployment in February 2022.
- A regional statement on people recovery was issued in August 2021, asking employers to commit to working in partnership with their trade unions on supporting the wellbeing of staff.
- The joint chairs had fortnightly virtual meetings to share issues and information in real-time, to allow for connection on workforce policy and issues.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Terry Johnstone, Regional Organiser, UNISO
- Trade union co-chair - Adele Heeley, Regional Coordinator, BMA
- Management co-chair - Karen O'Brien, Director of People and Development, North East Ambulance Service
- Management vice-chair - Rachael Metcalf, Human Resources Director at South Tees Hospitals
For further information on the NENC SPF, please contact the North Team.
Principles for ICB partnership machinery with recognised trade unions
These principles set out best practice for ICBS to set up and run joint negotiating and consultative machinery.
21 March 2022