Find out more about the North West SPF.
The North West (NW) SPF was established by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Workforce planning and the role of organisations as anchors.
- Staff health and wellbeing.
- Attracting, supporting, and retaining a diverse NHS workforce.
Achievements for 2020/21
- In September 2021, the joint chairs issued a statement on behalf of the NW SPF on staff risk assessments. It reinforced the importance of the health, safety, and wellbeing of staff during the pandemic and encouraged organisations to ensure working environments are safe and staff are appropriately risk assessed to ensure they are supported in the workplace.
- In June 2021, NW SPF signed up to a set of regional just and learning principles to sustain a restorative culture for people working in the NHS across the region.
- Work continues on the locality-based domestic abuse paper from the NW SPF. The NW SPF are working in partnership alongside NHSE and the charity Standing Together.
- Joint statement on the commitment to guidance on Long Covid for the NW in March 2022.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Amy Barringer, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Management co-chair - Mike Gibney, Director of Workforce at The Walton Centre
For further information on the NW SPF, please contact the North Team.