The North West (NW) SPF was established by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team.
Priorities for 2023/24
- We will focus on workforce planning and the role of organisations as anchors.
- Staff health and wellbeing will remain a priority for us.
- Work towards attracting, supporting, and retaining a diverse NHS workforce.
Achievements for 2022/23
- In September 2023, our joint chairs issued a statement on supporting staff with long COVID. The statement signposts employers and staff side colleagues to guidance issued by the NHS Staff Council in 2022.
- Our co-chairs committed to issue a letter to providers and integrated care systems to encourage a partnership approach to the work on sexual safety. This will address all forms of sexual abuse and harassment from both staff and patients/visitors.
- We have continued to support and be involved in the development of a regional wellbeing and attendance programme.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Amy Barringer, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Management co-chair - Mike Gibney, Chief People Officer, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
For further information on the NW SPF, please contact the North team.
Meet the finalists webinar 2023
Watch the finalists for the HPMA award for partnership working present their work.
SPF bulletin February 2024
The SPF bulletin features monthly updates from the national SPF groups, subgroups and regional SPFs.
29 February 2024
Case studies from your region
Achieving organisational change through partnership working
Liverpool University Hospitals Foundation Trust used partnership working to successfully support organisational change.
20 September 2023
Partnership working across health and care in Greater Manchester
Find out how Greater Manchester established partnership working arrangements to address workforce issues impacting the city's health and care systems.
27 October 2022