The North West (NW) SPF was established by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Workforce planning and the role of organisations as anchors.
- Staff health and wellbeing.
- Attracting, supporting, and retaining a diverse NHS workforce.
Achievements for 2020/21
- In September 2021, the joint chairs issued a statement on behalf of the NW SPF on staff risk assessments. It reinforced the importance of the health, safety, and wellbeing of staff during the pandemic and encouraged organisations to ensure working environments are safe and staff are appropriately risk assessed to ensure they are supported in the workplace.
- In June 2021, NW SPF signed up to a set of regional just and learning principles to sustain a restorative culture for people working in the NHS across the region.
- Work continues on the locality-based domestic abuse paper from the NW SPF. The NW SPF are working in partnership alongside NHSE and the charity Standing Together.
- Joint statement on the commitment to guidance on Long Covid for the NW in March 2022.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Amy Barringer, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Management co-chair - Mike Gibney, Director of Workforce at The Walton Centre
For further information on the NW SPF, please contact the North Team.
Partnership working across health and care in Greater Manchester
Find out how Greater Manchester established partnership working arrangements to address workforce issues impacting the city's health and care systems.
27 October 2022
Wider Group key comms September 2022
Key communications from the 15 September Wider Group meeting.
25 October 2022
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022