The London Partnership was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' London engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Continue to champion the #InclusiveHR campaign's '5-step challenge for change' to improve the experience of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) staff in HR and organisational development (OD) functions.
- Reducing violence at work and sharing best practice.
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion – driven by staff survey, Workforce Race Equality Standard and Workforce Race Disability Standard data and insights.
- Staff health and wellbeing.
The London health and wellbeing subgroup focuses on improving the health of the NHS London workforce and reports to the partnership. The subgroup has been working collaboratively to create a London strategy for autism.
Achievements in 2021/22
- Joint working on the mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS members of staff including system wide extra-ordinary meetings to share information between trade unions and system leaders.
- Focus on Neurodiversity in the workplace.
- Championing the #InclusiveHR campaign's '5-step challenge for change' to improve the experience of BAME staff in HR and OD functions.
Meet the team
- Trade union chair - Phil Thompson, UNISON
- Management side chair - Jinjer Kandola, Chief Executive of Barnett, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust, and Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
For further information on the London Partnership, please contact the London team.
London SPF conference – partnership working in the new normal: now and beyond
Read the highlights and access presentations from the 2022 London SPF conference.
27 October 2022
Wider Group key comms September 2022
Key communications from the 15 September Wider Group meeting.
25 October 2022
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022
Wider Group key comms June 2022
Key communications from the 22 June Wider Group meeting.
28 July 2022
The SPF encourages open environments in NHS workplaces, where staff feel confident to raise concerns.
29 June 2022
NHS Employers’ London health and wellbeing SPF subgroup has been working collaboratively with NHSEI to create a London strategy for autism.
28 June 2022
Principles for ICB partnership machinery with recognised trade unions
These principles set out best practice for ICBS to set up and run joint negotiating and consultative machinery.
21 March 2022
National SPF Stocktake 2020/21
Read the findings of the internal National SPF stocktake of work undertaken in 2020/21.
22 September 2021
Staff transfers: Frequently asked questions
The most ask questions and answers for staff facing transfer.
6 September 2021
Healthcare workers flu vaccination
The SPF encourages employers in the NHS to work in partnership with its trade union representatives to deliver their seasonal flu staff vaccinations.
1 September 2021
SPF Conference - Positive partnership working through COVID and beyond
Read the highlights and download the presentations from our 2021 SPF conference.
31 March 2021