East of England
Find out more about the East of England SPF.
The East of England (EoE) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers’ Midlands and East engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion with a focus on anti-racism discussions.
- Drive to embed ‘no more tick boxes’.
- Fair and inclusive recruitment and career development.
Achievements for 2020/21
- Aligning with the national SPF’s priority around promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, the EoE SPF has continued its ongoing commitment to include anti-racism discussions within their network. The network recently discussed regional involvement and support of UNISON’s Anti-racism Charter, and how it links in with the region’s anti-racism strategy.
- All three regional SPFs across the Midlands and East have actively participated in joint development sessions with their respective regional HR director (HRD) networks focusing on digital wellbeing and leading in challenging times. The sessions supported the HRD and SPF networks to work better in partnership.
- Integrated Care System (ICS) workforce leads in the region have been prioritising embedding and promoting fair recruitment, career progression, and contributing to the national drive around embedding ‘no more tick boxes’.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Caroline Hennessey, UNISON
- Management joint co-chair - Oonagh Monkhouse, Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Management joint co-chair - Liz Cooke, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
For further information on the East of England SPF, please contact the Midlands and East Team.