The East of England (EoE) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers’ Midlands and East engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion with a focus on anti-racism discussions.
- Drive to embed ‘no more tick boxes’.
- Fair and inclusive recruitment and career development.
Achievements for 2020/21
- Aligning with the national SPF’s priority around promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, the EoE SPF has continued its ongoing commitment to include anti-racism discussions within their network. The network recently discussed regional involvement and support of UNISON’s Anti-racism Charter, and how it links in with the region’s anti-racism strategy.
- All three regional SPFs across the Midlands and East have actively participated in joint development sessions with their respective regional HR director (HRD) networks focusing on digital wellbeing and leading in challenging times. The sessions supported the HRD and SPF networks to work better in partnership.
- Integrated Care System (ICS) workforce leads in the region have been prioritising embedding and promoting fair recruitment, career progression, and contributing to the national drive around embedding ‘no more tick boxes’.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Sasha Savage, UNISON
- Management joint co-chair - Oonagh Monkhouse, Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Management joint co-chair - Liz Cooke, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust
For further information on the East of England SPF, please contact the Midlands and East Team.
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022
Wider Group key comms June 2022
Key communications from the 22 June Wider Group meeting.
28 July 2022
The SPF encourages open environments in NHS workplaces, where staff feel confident to raise concerns.
29 June 2022