The South West (SW) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' South engagement team, in 2014.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Just and compassionate culture.
- Staff experience.
- System transformation.
- Future of work: agile working.
Achievements in 2021/22
- Covid-19 – engagement: Regular, frequent engagement with the NHS England regional director sharing key information, the impact of the pandemic on the workforce and putting supportive measures in place, which enabled a consistent approach.
- Just and learning culture: Sharing partnership approaches across the SW, leading co-designed workshops to influence progress in partnership and sharing examples of best practice with the neighbouring SPF in the South East. The Devon ICS has also shared their approach to just and learning culture through their partnership work on policy integration.
- Future of HR and OD review: Engaged with and contributed to the review. The SW SPF will continue to work in partnership to support the achievement of recommendations.
- Agile working: Through work with NHS Employers and the University of Sussex (AgiLab), the SW SPF is supporting a research project with AgiLab on the ‘Agile working needs of NHS staff with a lower socio-economic status’. A system level example of developing agile working principles in partnership has been shared as a best practice example at a workshop as part of the wider AgiLab research programme.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair – Mike Cracknell, UNISON
- Management co-chair – Steven Keith, Chief People Officer, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Management co-chair - Emma Wood, Chief People Officer, University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
For further information on the SW SPF, please contact the South team.
Wider Group key comms September 2022
Key communications from the 15 September Wider Group meeting.
25 October 2022
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022
Wider Group key comms June 2022
Key communications from the 22 June Wider Group meeting.
28 July 2022