Find out more about the West Midlands SPF.
The West Midlands (WM) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers’ Midlands and East engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Just and learning culture.
- Collaborative working as a region.
- Sharing best practice.
Achievements for 2020/21
- Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Trust has made it to the finals of the SPF-sponsored 2022 HPMA excellence in people award for partnership working between employers and trade unions. The trust worked with their valued trade union colleagues to quickly develop, consult, and launch a baby loss policy, the first of its kind in the NHS and public sector in the UK.
- All three regional SPFs across the Midlands and East have actively participated in joint development sessions with their respective regional HR director (HRD) networks, focusing on digital wellbeing and leading in challenging times. The sessions supported the HRD and SPF networks to work better in partnership.
- The WM SPF’s key focus has been on embedding and moving forward with their work on just and learning culture. The region is currently discussing a future sponsorship piece which would include collaborative working as a region. The region hopes to invite neighbouring HRDs and colleagues to share best practice and resources on just and learning culture in the NHS.
Meet the team
- Trade union joint co-chair - Mel Sutton, British Medical Association
- Trade union joint co-chair - Nina Hambleton, Royal College of Nursing
- Management joint co-chair - Adam Race, Royal Wolverhampton/ Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust
- Management joint co-chair - Donna Griffiths, University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire
For further information on the West Midlands SPF, please contact the Midlands and East Team.