The Yorkshire and Humber SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team, in November 2014.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Health and wellbeing – equalities perspective.
- Just and learning culture.
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Achievements in 2021/22
- A joint statement on staff safety was issued by the SPF, highlighting their commitment to work in partnership to create cultures where people feel safe to report incidents, talk openly about the care they provide and receive support and backing when they are faced with violence, aggression, or abuse.
- A response to the consultation on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS staff was produced by the forum and sent to the DHSC.
- Completion of the partnership behaviours toolkit by members of the SPF evidenced a commitment to an open communication, mutual respect, and inclusivity.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Charlie Carruth, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair - Elaine McAvoy, Regional Coordinator, BMA
- Management co-chair - Nick Parker, Executive Director, People and Organisational Development, Sheffield Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
For further information on the Yorkshire & Humber SPF please contact the North team.
Wider Group key comms September 2022
Key communications from the 15 September Wider Group meeting.
25 October 2022
Improving wellbeing through partnership
Learn from Sheffield Children’s Hospital Foundation Trust's experience of undertaking two key projects in partnership with trade unions
24 October 2022
The national SPF is focusing on work aimed at preventing and reducing violence against NHS staff.
24 October 2022
Supporting system change
The SPF is supporting effective partnership working in system transformation.
21 October 2022
SPF statement – principles for social partnership in workforce change for Integrated Care Systems
Read the SPF's guidance for social partnership working across Integrated Care Systems (ICSs).
20 September 2022
Background to the current health and care system
A brief overview of the development of the health and care system.
16 September 2022
Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse Toolkit for staff
Read how Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, winner of the 2022 HPMA partnership working award, developed a domestic and sexual violence toolkit.
9 September 2022
Wider Group key comms June 2022
Key communications from the 22 June Wider Group meeting.
28 July 2022
The SPF encourages open environments in NHS workplaces, where staff feel confident to raise concerns.
29 June 2022
SPF members' handbook
The SPF members' handbook explains the purpose of the SPF, the role of partners and how they can get involved to support the forum's aims.
14 April 2022
Principles for ICB partnership machinery with recognised trade unions
These principles set out best practice for ICBS to set up and run joint negotiating and consultative machinery.
21 March 2022
Yorkshire & Humber SPF - Joint Statement on Safety of Staff
Read the Yorkshire and Humber's statement, agreed in partnership, in support of staff safety
22 October 2021
Meet the finalists webinar
Watch finalists for the 2021 HPMA award for partnership working present their work.
12 October 2021
Partnership working at its best
Find out how South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS FT met the challenges of the pandemic, and won the SPF sponsored HPMA partnership working award.
8 October 2021
National SPF Stocktake 2020/21
Read the findings of the internal National SPF stocktake of work undertaken in 2020/21.
22 September 2021