The Yorkshire and Humber SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team, in November 2014.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Health and wellbeing – equalities perspective.
- Just and learning culture.
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Achievements in 2021/22
- A joint statement on staff safety was issued by the SPF, highlighting their commitment to work in partnership to create cultures where people feel safe to report incidents, talk openly about the care they provide and receive support and backing when they are faced with violence, aggression, or abuse.
- A response to the consultation on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS staff was produced by the forum and sent to the DHSC.
- Completion of the partnership behaviours toolkit by members of the SPF evidenced a commitment to an open communication, mutual respect, and inclusivity.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Charlie Carruth, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair - Elaine McAvoy, Regional Coordinator, BMA
- Management co-chair - Nick Parker, Executive Director, People and Organisational Development, Sheffield Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
For further information on the Yorkshire & Humber SPF please contact the North team.
Case studies from your region
Improving wellbeing through partnership
Learn from Sheffield Children’s Hospital Foundation Trust's experience of undertaking two key projects in partnership with trade unions
24 October 2022