The Yorkshire and Humber SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' North engagement team, in November 2014.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Health and wellbeing – equalities perspective.
- Just and learning culture.
- Equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Achievements in 2021/22
- A joint statement on staff safety was issued by the SPF, highlighting their commitment to work in partnership to create cultures where people feel safe to report incidents, talk openly about the care they provide and receive support and backing when they are faced with violence, aggression, or abuse.
- A response to the consultation on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for frontline NHS staff was produced by the forum and sent to the DHSC.
- Completion of the partnership behaviours toolkit by members of the SPF evidenced a commitment to an open communication, mutual respect, and inclusivity.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Charlie Carruth, Regional Organiser, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair - Elaine McAvoy, Regional Coordinator, BMA
- Management co-chair - Nick Parker, Executive Director, People and Organisational Development, Sheffield Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
For further information on the Yorkshire & Humber SPF please contact the North team.
Principles for ICB partnership machinery with recognised trade unions
These principles set out best practice for ICBS to set up and run joint negotiating and consultative machinery.
21 March 2022
Yorkshire & Humber SPF - Joint Statement on Safety of Staff
Read the Yorkshire and Humber's statement, agreed in partnership, in support of staff safety
22 October 2021
National SPF Stocktake 2020/21
Read the findings of the internal National SPF stocktake of work undertaken in 2020/21.
22 September 2021