The East Midlands (EM) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' Midlands and East engagement team.
Priorities for 2022/23
- Managing Long Covid.
- Collaborative working as a region.
- Sharing best practice and frameworks.
Achievements for 2020/21
- All three regional SPFs across the Midlands and East have actively participated in joint development sessions with their respective regional HR director (HRD) networks, focusing on digital wellbeing and leading in challenging times. The sessions supported the HRD and SPF networks to work better in partnership.
- Deborah Kearsley, Deputy HRD chair for the East Midlands, and Roz Norman, Sherwood Forest Hospital NHS Foundation Trusts presented on Sherwood Forest Hospital NHS Foundation Trusts’ just and restorative culture journey which saw a 93 per cent reduction in formal disciplinary investigations since its introduction.
Meet the team
- Management co-chair - Robert Simcox, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust
The position of trade union co-chair is in the course of being filled.
For further information on the East Midlands SPF, please contact the Midlands and East Team.
Principles for ICB partnership machinery with recognised trade unions
These principles set out best practice for ICBS to set up and run joint negotiating and consultative machinery.
21 March 2022