The East Midlands (EM) SPF was set up by employers, trade unions and NHS Employers' Midlands and East engagement team.
Priorities for 2023/24
- Staff health and wellbeing, including reducing violence and aggression at work and improving sexual safety at work.
- Staff experience.
- Learning from industrial action.
- System and regional partnership working principles.
These priorities will be evaluated through an equality, diversity, and inclusion perspective.
Achievements for 2022/23
- On 13 November 2023, all the Midlands and East SPFs successfully participated in our annual partnership conference. Over 60 delegates attended the conference, which included sessions on each regions priorities. Participants received presentations and engaged in discussions on their specific challenges and opportunities.
- All Midlands and East SPFs took an active role in collaborative development sessions alongside their corresponding regional HR director (HRD) networks. Sessions explored a range of topics, including health and wellbeing and managing relationships during industrial action. The sessions aimed to enhance collaboration between the two networks.
- We discussed the development of a replacement for the electronic staff record tool in partnership with the NHS Business Services Authority.
- We continued positive and constructive partnership engagement on industrial action.
- We developed and shared good practice tips to support staff during winter.
Meet the team
- Trade union co-chair - Gareth Eales, UNISON
- Trade union co-chair - David Kirwan, RCN
- Management co-chair - Robert Simcox, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust
For further information on the East Midlands SPF, please contact the Midlands and East Team.
Tips and considerations to support staff during winter
Read the East Midlands SPF's winter guide for NHS managers, staff, HR practitioners and trade union colleagues.
17 January 2024
SPF bulletin February 2024
The SPF bulletin features monthly updates from the national SPF groups, subgroups and regional SPFs.
29 February 2024
Case studies from your region
Employer with heart – pregnancy loss policy in partnership with trade union colleagues
Find out how Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Trust made it to the finals of the SPF-sponsored 2022 HPMA partnership working award.
9 September 2022