The national SPF set up the violence reduction subgroup in 2019.
The subgroup is engaging with the Violence Prevention and Reduction Team at NHS England to support the delivery of their work programme. This includes:
- Embedding the NHS Violence Prevention and Reduction Standard and linking with six volunteer integrated care boards that are piloting the standard.
- A three-year pilot into body worn cameras in the ambulance sector.
- Violence and abuse in the NHS - data and insights.
- Preventing violence against staff - national education/training offer.
- Identifying and sharing good practice and useful resources in tackling violence and abuse.
Read the subgroup's terms of reference, updated in November 2023.
Survey on violence reduction and prevention
Complete our short survey to inform recommendations on how to prevent and reduce violence towards NHS staff.
17 November 2023