South Central SPF
The South Central regional SPF brings together management and staff side representatives on strategic issues for the South Central Region.
Dates for South Central regional SPF meetings for 2017 will be confirmed soon.
The South Central RSPF is co-chaired by Sandra Grant, Director Human Resources, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust and Patricia Marquis, Regional Officer, RCN.
To provide a partnership approach to issues affecting the NHS workforce where a South Central view is needed or would be useful.
In particular it will:
- Provide constructive comments on implementation at a formative stage.
- Contribute ideas on the workforce implications of the implementation of policy.
- Promote effective communications between partners.
- Promote good practice across the South Central.
- Feed South West region views into national groups including the NHS Staff Council, the Social Partnership Forum and the stakeholder forum.
- Keep the patient at the centre of everything we do.
All partners recognise the importance of good formal and informal working relations, built on trust and shared responsibility, while still respecting difference.
All partners commit to adopt the following principles in their dealings with each other:
- Building trust and a mutual respect for each other’s roles and responsibilities.
- A positive and constructive approach.
- Early discussion of emerging issues and maintaining dialogue on policy and priorities.
- Openness, honesty and transparency in communications.
- Where appropriate, confidentiality and agreed external positions.
- Making the best use of resources.
This partnership agreement is underpinned by shared values and common purpose. In particular, partners:
- Have a shared commitment to continuous improvement, including access to high quality services and delivering value for money to the public.
- Believe the NHS should promote good practice in all areas of staff management, including equality and diversity, staff development and a commitment to security of employment.
- Agree that the NHS should take a collective approach to support staff who may be affected by service changes.
Membership of the partnership will comprise of representatives from:
- Employers in the NHS in South Central, from a cross section of organisations and job roles, including commissioners, HEE and local authority colleagues. Other members to invited as agenda dictates from NHS Improvement, Public Health England.
- South Central trade unions party to the Agenda for Change agreement, plus the BMA, MiP & HCSA.
- NHS Employers.
The South Central RSPF will meet quarterly with a jointly organised annual partnership conference with South East Coast RSPF. Additional meetings will be held as required.
Dates will be shared as soon as agreed.
South Central and South East Coast held a joint partnership conference on 27 June 2016. The theme of the conference was staff experience.
The South Central RSPF is in the process of developing an approach to partnership working and engagement around Sustainability and Transformation Plans.
Members of the SPF are committed to continuous improvement. To ensure that meetings and relationships remain productive it has been agreed to discuss holding an annual behaviour audit.
The behaviour audit toolkit was developed in partnership with ACAS and sets out ten behaviours that are required for effective partnership working to take place.
Individuals are asked to rate the forums effectiveness at demonstrating these behaviours, which promotes discussion about ways to improve and strengthen partnership working at the South Central SPF.
The partnership behaviours toolkit is an excellent resource for building good working relationships and has been adopted by a number of SPFs across the country.
NHS Employers South Engagement Team
- Liz Gambrell, Area Head of Engagement South T: 07880 738616
- Amy Fedarb, Engagement Lead South Central T: 07568 10849
- Jenny Hawkins, Senior Engagement Support Officer South
T:07568 108489, firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please email SPF South at: email@example.com