Annual Partnership Conference 2014 - 'Partnership in Practice'
Partnership in Practice, the annual London NHS Partnership Conference took place on 2 April 2014 at the Royal College of Nursing head office in Cavendish Square, Central London. Chaired by Deborah O’Dea the conference was an excellent opportunity to bring both management and trade unions together in order to celebrate partnership working in the past year and to look at how we can continue such good work in the year ahead.
There were presentations from Rob Webster - CEO NHS Confederation, Caroline Alexander - Chief Nurse NHS England (London Region), Dr Anne Rainsberry - Regional Director (London) NHS England. Karen Charman - Director of Engagement, NHS Employers and Claire Sullivan - Assistant Director Employment Relations and Union Services Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
This was interspersed with table/breakout sessions featuring local trusts showcasing their own partnership working projects and examples of best practice and provided an excellent opportunity for all delegates to network and engage in discussions.
- Learning for Life - NHS Employers/TUC and NHS trade unions
- Bands 1-4 Development Programme - HEE
- PPIQ (Positive Partnerships for Improving Quality). Using Appreciative Inquiry to bring about positive change - Guys and St Thomas's NHS Trust
- Appraisal Matters- improving the quality and outcome of appraisals - Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Valuing the Partnership Model - Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Working in Partnership - North East London Foundation Trust "Developing a more positive and respectful workplace " - West Middlesex University Hospital
- Supporting You in partnership through change - University College London Hospitals
The joint chairs of the partnership group, Dame Jacqueline Docherty and Phil Thompson closed the session with some reflections of past successes and future aspirations